My personal life is beginning to adversely affect my
professional life. Not only does staying up late visiting with my boyfriend
cause me to be tired all the time, it’s also inhibiting my ability to think
clearly and make progress on my homework assignments. Therefore, I’ve had to
enforce stricter boundaries with him and with myself.
It seems a bit adolescent to have a curfew, especially since
I’m a 41-year-old mother, but I seriously need to find a way to get more sleep.
My mind and body both start to shut down when I get less than eight hours of
sleep at night. My physical system simply requires more rest than most people.
I need to acknowledge and adhere to my personal limitations.
My new boyfriend is so amazing though that it’s difficult to
pull my body away from him and go home to get some rest. My schedule is already
packed and crazy busy; I have to squeeze him into the cracks of my time. We
were talking on the phone every night until midnight all week. I had to ask him
to text me good-night instead so we don’t get caught up in extensive
conversations.
At least we both acknowledge the importance of my education
and are willing to do whatever it takes to keep me functioning to the best of
my ability. My tutoring was starting to degenerate. My homework assignments
were becoming shoddy and rushed. I was feeling stressed, exhausted, and wrung
out all of the time. Now that we’ve established some firmer boundaries
regarding our time and dating schedule, I’m hoping my body will be able to
recuperate in time to begin fresh next quarter.
No comments:
Post a Comment